WARM CRAB, ARTICHOKE and BACON DIP RECIPE |Cheesecake Factory For What? |Cooking With Carolyn
Warm Crab, Artichoke and Bacon Dip |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2017 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: About 4 Cups
· 3 to 4 Slices Thick Cut Bacon, cooked, chopped, reserve 2 Tablespoons of bacon fat
· 8 Ounces Frozen Artichoke Hearts, thawed, chopped
· 3 Tablespoons Minced Onion
· 1 to 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
· 3 Ounces Cream Cheese, preferably room temperature
· ½ Cup Sour Cream
· 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
· ½ Cup Half & Half (If you can’t find half & half use ¼ cup heavy cream and ¼ cup whole milk)
· ½ Cup Seafood Stock (Swanson’s will work)
· ½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs or Regular Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
· ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
· ¾ Teaspoon Grand Diamond Seasoning All Purpose Seasoning
· ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
· ¼ to ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional)
· 8 Ounces Super Lump Crab Meat or Your Choice
· ½ to ¾ Teaspoon or To Taste Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
· Fresh Parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
In a blender, blend the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, half & half and seafood stock just until combined. Set aside.
Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain on a paper towel and chop.
Remove all of the bacon fat except 2 tablespoons. Turn the heat up to medium-high. Sauté the artichokes and onions until they are slightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Reserve 1 to 2 tablespoons of each: artichokes, bacon, and crab meat for garnish. Mix and set aside.
Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat. Stir in the cream cheese mixture. Add and stir in the bacon, bread crumbs, spices and crab meat. Taste the mixture for seasoning and add the desired amount of salt. Stir.
Pour the dip into a baking dish and garnish with the reserved crab meat, artichokes, and bacon. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes. Top with fresh parsley. Serve warm with grilled ciabatta bread, grilled baguette bread, naan bread, pita chips or your choice.