Updated: Jun 20, 2020
Vegan Red Mashed Potatoes with Vegan Pesto
Copyright © 2018 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
· 3 Pounds Red Potatoes, washed, peeled (some of the skin can be left on if desired), and cut into ½ inch cubes
· 1 Bulb Roasted Garlic (optional)
· 4 to 6 Tablespoons Melted Vegan Butter
· 2 to 2½ Cups (a little more if needed) Warmed Vegetable Stock/Broth
· To Taste Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· To Taste Salt
· To Taste Black Pepper
· To Taste Additional Desired Seasonings
· To Taste Vegan Pesto, homemade or store bought
· ¼ Cup Pine Nuts (yes, pine nuts are pricey so walnuts may be substituted)
· 1 to 2 Cloves Garlic
· 2½ to 3 Cups Fresh Basil, packed
· To Taste Teaspoon Kosher Salt
· To Taste Teaspoon Black Pepper
· 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Roast the garlic
Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes.
Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill with cold water 2 inches above the potatoes. Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium-high heat or high heat. Boil the potatoes until fork tender, very tender. Drain the potatoes making sure all of the water is completely removed. Place them in a large bowl and mash with a masher or use a potato ricer.
Add and stir in the roasted garlic, vegan butter, warm stock, and seasonings. Taste to adjust seasoning if needed. Top, or swirl in, the desired amount of Pesto. Serve.
#veganpesto #veganpestorecipe #pestorecipe #homemadepesto #veganrecipes #veganrecipescookingwithcarolyn #howtomakepesto #howtomakeveganpesto #pestomashedpotatoes #veganpestomashedpotatoes #cookingwithcarolyn #cookwithcarolyn #granddiamondseasoning