Carolyn’s Smoked Crab Legs |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2018 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 2-4 Servings
· 4 to 6 Pounds Snow Crab Legs or your choice of Crab Legs (Note: The weight of the crab legs will vary depending on the type and size)
· 2 Pounds Red Potatoes, cleaned, cut in half
· 2 to 4 Ears of Corn, silk removed
· 4 Andouille Sausage Links or Sausage of your choice, scored with a knife
· Seasoned Clarified Butter
NOTE: When handling raw seafood and/or meats always portion out the butter in separate bowls to avoid cross contamination.
Boil the potato halves just until a fork can be inserted and has some resistance. They only need to be partially cooked. Quickly rinse in cool water and drain to stop the cooking process. Gently rinse the shell of the crab legs and drain in a colander. Brush the crab legs, potatoes, and corn with the butter. Set aside
Preheat a grill or smoker to about 280 to 300 degrees. Meanwhile, prepare the crab legs.
Place everything on the grill or smoker for 15 minutes with the lid down. At the 15 minute mark, baste the first side and then turn them over basting the second side. Place the lid down and cook for another 10 minutes. Continue to cook and baste every 10 minutes until the food is fully cooked. (Note: The cooking times may vary depending on the type and size of the crab legs and potatoes.)
Once done, serve on a platter with the remaining seasoned clarified butter for dipping or separate it into individual portions.