STUFFED MOZZARELLA TURKEY MEATBALLS |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2015 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: About 22 to 24 Meatballs
· 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· ½ Cup Onion, diced
· 2 to 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
· 5 Tablespoons Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
· 6 Tablespoons Milk or Low Sodium Chicken Broth/Stock
· 1 Pound Hot Italian Turkey Sausage
· 1 Pound Ground Turkey
· 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
· 3 Tablespoons Italian Parsley, finely chopped
· 2 Teaspoon Fresh Oregano
· 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
· 1½ Tablespoons Fresh Basil
· ½ Cup Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
· ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
· 1 Teaspoon Grand Diamond All-Purpose Seasoning
· 1 Egg, beaten
· To Taste Teaspoon Kosher Salt
· Mozzarella Cheese, cut into ½ inch squares
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Preheat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Sauté the onions until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another minute. Pour into a large bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients. Combine and mix the bread crumbs and milk (or broth/stock).
To the large bowl of onions and garlic, add the Italian sausage, ground turkey, crushed red pepper, Italian parsley, oregano, thyme, basil, parmesan cheese, black pepper, Grand Diamond All Purpose seasoning, and egg. Mix to combine. (Tip: Make a small patty the size of a quarter, cook it, and taste for seasoning.) After tasting add salt to taste.
Using a small cookie scoop, combine 2 scoops of the mixture per meat ball, place a piece of mozzarella in the center and roll into a ball. Place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat until all of the mixture is done.
Bake at 425 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve with your favorite marinara or pasta sauce.