Southern Style Macaroni & Cheese |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2015 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
· 1 Pound Large Elbow Macaroni, uncooked
· 12 Ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
· 4 Ounces Colby Jack, grated
· 8 Ounces Mild Cheddar Cheese, grated
· 12 Ounces Velveeta, cut into small cubes
· ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter, melted
· 1½ Cup Whole Milk, room temperature
· 2½ Cup Half & Half, room temperature
· 1½ Teaspoons Smoked Paprika
· 1½ Teaspoons or To Taste Kosher Salt
· 1 Teaspoon or To Taste Black Pepper
· To Taste Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· 3 Eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
Grate all of the cheeses using a hand grater or a food processor. Set aside.
In a large stock pot, bring about 4 quarts of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Season the water with 3 to 4 tablespoons of salt. Add the macaroni to the boiling water and cook for half of the manufacturer’s recommended cooking time. Once done, drain.
In a very large bowl, combine the milk, half & half, melted butter, Colby jack, sharp cheddar, 4 ounces of mild cheddar (reserve the remaining 4 ounces for the top), macaroni and the seasonings to taste. Stir to combine. (Note: Taste the mixture to make sure it’s seasoned to your desired taste.) Finally, add the beaten eggs and stir to combine.
Pour the macaroni and cheese into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining mild cheddar on top. Bake uncovered for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Once done, allow the dish to set for about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
#southernstylemacaroniandcheese #southernstylemacaroniandcheese #southernmacaroniandcheese #southernmacaroniandcheeserecipe #southernstylerecipes #soulfoodstylemacaroniandcheese #soulfoodstylemacaroniandcheeserecipe #howtobakesouthernmacaroniandcheese #cookingwithcarolynmacandcheese #granddiamondseasoning #granddiamondseasoningmacandcheese #howtomakemacaroniandcheesesouthernstyle #howtomakemacaroniandcheesesouthernstyle