SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY and LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE |Cooking With Carolyn
Sour Cream Blueberry and Lemon Pound Cake |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2016 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 12-16 Servings
· 2 Whole Lemons, zest both lemons and reserve the juice
· 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature plus 1½ Tablespoons for the cake pan
· 3 Cups Granulated Sugar
· 6 Large Eggs, room temperature
· 1 Tablespoon Lemon Extract
· 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
· 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
· 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour, plus more the cake pan
· ¼ Teaspoon Salt
· ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
· 8 Ounces Sour Cream, room temperature
· Zest of 1 Lemon
· 1¾ Cups Fresh Blueberries, washed and dried with a paper towel
· 1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
· 3 to 3½ Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
· Zest of 1 Lemon
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
In a large bowl using a hand mixer, blend the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, takes about 3 to 5 minutes. Next, add the eggs to the batter one at a time until each one is thoroughly blended. Add the extracts and lemon juice, mix well.
Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together. Alternately add the dry ingredients and sour cream beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Be sure to stop periodically to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix on medium speed just until all of the batter is well incorporated. Fold the lemon zest and blueberries into the cake batter.
Finally, using your hand or clean paper towel, rub the inside of a bundt, or angel food, cake pan with 1½ tablespoons of room temperature butter, just a thin even coating. Then put 2 to 3 tablespoons of flour into the sifter and sprinkle flour all over the inside of the pan including the tube. Tap out the excess flour. Pour the cake batter into the cake pan evenly. Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 25 to 30 minutes or just until a wooden skewer is inserted and comes out clean.
Cool the cake in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, remove and place it on a plate or cooling rack to finish cooling for about 1½ hours.
After cooling, make the desired icing by combing the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over the cake and allow it to set.