L.A. SCHOOLS PEANUT BUTTER BREAD RECIPE |Cooking With Carolyn
L.A. Schools Peanut Butter Bread |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2017 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 16 to 24 Servings
· 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, room temperature
· 1¼ Cups Granulated Sugar (Turbinado sugar can also be used)
· (Note: I use 1¼ cups of sugar when icing is going to be used. If no icing is preferred feel free to use 1½ cups of sugar.)
· 1¼ Cups Creamy Peanut Butter, room temperature (Almond Butter can also be used)
· 2 Eggs, room temperature
· 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
· 2¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
· 1¾ Teaspoons Baking Powder
· ¼ Teaspoon Salt
· 12 Ounces Milk, 2% or Whole (Almond Milk can be used instead)
· Baking Spray
· ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
· 3 Tablespoons (more or less) Milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix the butter, sugar, and peanut butter together until it’s fluffy, about 3 or 4 minutes. Add each egg one at a time. Add the vanilla.
Mix in half of the dry ingredients just until it comes together. Add the milk. Stop to scrape the sides of the bowl down periodically. Mix in the remaining dry ingredients. Again, mix just until the ingredients come together. Do not over mix. (Note: The dough will be slightly tight.)
Pour the dough into a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray. Spread it out evenly all the way to the corners. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, check it with a toothpick at the 20-minute mark. Once it’s done, allow it cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then invert it on to a rack to cool completely.
Whisk the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle over the bread. Cut into the desired number of pieces. This bread can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container and enjoyed at any time.
#laschoolspeanutbutterbreadrecipe #losangelesunifiedschooldistrictpeanutbutterbreadrecipe #launifiedpeanutbutterbreadrecipe #oldfashionedpeanutbutterbread #backtoschoolrecipes #cookingwithcarolyn #cookwithcarolyn #granddiamondseasoning #howtomakelausd
#howtomakelausdcoffeecake #howtomakelausdpeanutbread #peanutbutterbreadrecipelausd #peanutbutterbread #peanutbuttercake #peanutbutterbreadrecipe #lausdcoffeecakerecipe #cookingwithcarolyncoffeecake #granddiamondseasoningcoffeecake