HOW TO MAKE RED VELVET CREAM CHEESE FROSTING- Great for Cupcakes |Cooking With Carolyn
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Frosting |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2017 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: About 4 to 5 Cups
Note: This is enough frosting for a whole 2 or 3 layer cake or at least 36 to 48 cupcakes. Feel free to cut the recipe in half for a smaller yield.
· 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
· 4, 8 Ounces Blocks Cream Cheese, room temperature
· 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
· 2 to 3 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
· 3½ to 4 Cups Powdered Sugar, preferably sifted
· 5 Teaspoons Liquid Red Food Coloring OR Red Gel Food Coloring may be used until the desired color is reached
In a large bowl, mix the butter until smooth. Add the cream cheese and continue to mix until both are well combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Gradually add and mix in the powdered sugar. Lastly, add the food coloring and mix. Use on your favorite chocolate cakes or cupcakes.
Leftover frosting can be stored in an airtight container and placed in the freezer for up to 4 months.
#howtomakearedvelvetcake #howtomakeredvelvetcake #SouthernRedVelvetCake
#RealCreamCheeseFrosting #CreamCheeseFrostingRecipe #CookingWithCarolyn
#GrandDiamondSeasoning #EasyFrostingRecipes #RedVelvetCakeRecipe