Grilled Lemon Shrimp in Pesto Sauce with Whole Wheat Pasta |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2014 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 2 Servings
· ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
· ¼ Cup Pine Nuts (or Walnut Pieces)
· 1 to 2 Cloves Garlic
· 2½ to 3 Cups Fresh Basil, packed
· ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
· ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
· 2 to 3 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
· 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Grilled Lemon Shrimp & Spaghetti
· 10 Large Shrimp, 16/20, cleaned, deveined, tails-on
· Zest of 1 Lemon
· Juice of ½ Lemon
· To Taste Kosher Salt
· 1 to 2 Teaspoons Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· 1 to 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 4 Ounces Whole Wheat or Whole Grain Spaghetti
· 1 Tablespoon Sundried Tomatoes
To Make the Pesto
Place the basil into a food processor and pulse just until chopped. Add the garlic, pine nuts, salt and pepper and pulse until chopped. Scrap down the sides of the processor. Next, while the processor is on, slowly pour the olive oil into the processor blending all of the ingredients together. Pour the pesto into a bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Taste the pesto to check for seasoning.
For the Shrimp & Pasta
Bring a large pot of water, about 4 quarts, up to a boil. Salt the water with 3 tablespoons of salt. Drop the spaghetti into the boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes or to the desired tenderness.
Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine the shrimp, lemon zest, lemon juice, seasonings, and olive oil into a medium bowl and toss to evenly coat. Grill the shrimp for about 1½ minutes on each side or just until they turn pink and start to curl. Drain the pasta, do not rinse the pasta.
Portion out one serving. In a bowl, combine 2 ounces of spaghetti, 2 Tablespoon of pesto sauce, ½ tablespoon sundried tomatoes, and 5 shrimp. Toss to coat. Serve immediately. Store leftover pesto sauce in a sealed container under refrigeration.
Nutrition Stats per Serving*
Calories - 468
Fat – 22 grams
Protein – 25 grams
Carbs – 43 grams