EASY BEEF POT ROAST RECIPE HE WON'T RESIST |Crock Pot Method |Cooking With Carolyn
Easy Pot Roast -Crock Pot Method |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2017 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
· 1- 3 to 4 Pound Beef Pot Roast
· 3 to 4 Tablespoons Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· To Taste Salt
· To Taste Black Pepper
· 3 to 4 Medium Carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
· 3 to 4 Celery Ribs, cut into 2 inch pieces
· 2 to 3 Cups Kale, or Dark Leafy Greens of your choice
· 3 to 4 Fresh Garlic Cloves, chopped
· 1 Large Onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
· 2 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary
· 1½ Cups Beef or Vegetable Stock/Broth, preferably Low Sodium
· ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
· Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley for garnish
First, cut the carrots, celery, onions, kale, rosemary and garlic. Season the roast on all sides with about 2 tablespoons of the seasoning, reserve the remaining. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Brown the roast on all sides for about 3 to 4 minutes. Once done, set aside. Pour a few tablespoons of stock into the skillet to deglaze. Turn off the heat and reserve the pan drippings.
Put the vegetables, rosemary and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot followed by the remaining seasoning. In a blender, mix the stock, flour and pan drippings until smooth. Pour the flour mixture over the vegetables and place the roast on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or on LOW for 12 hours. If possible, check the level of seasoning half way through the cooking time to make sure it’s to your liking. It’s okay to stir it too.
Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and enjoy.