CRISPY FISH TACOS with CHIPOTLE AIOLI |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2010 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 6 to 8 Tacos
· 2 Tablespoons Chipotle Peppers, chopped
· ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
· ½ Cup Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
· 1 to 2 Garlic Cloves, minced or finely grated
· Kosher Salt & Pepper, to taste
· 1 Tablespoon White Tequila or Lime Juice
· 4 Tilapia Filets, sliced lengthwise ½ inch pieces
· 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
· 2 Eggs & 1 Tablespoon of water, beaten
· 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs (Japanese Style Bread Crumbs)
· 3½ Tablespoons Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 6 to 8 Corn Tortillas
· 2 Cups Cabbage, shredded
· 1 Cup Tomatoes, diced
· ½ Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
· ½ Cup Red Onion, chopped
· 2 Limes, cut into wedges
Preheat oven 425 degrees
First, combine the chipotle peppers, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper and tequila in a medium size bowl. Mix well and refrigerate.
Set up the “breading station.” In the first bowl, combine the flour and 1 tablespoon of Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning. In the second bowl, combine the eggs, water and ½ teaspoon of GDS. In the third bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons of GDS.
Dredge the sliced pieces of fish in the flour, shake off the excess, and then coat them with the egg mixture. Finally, coat the fish with the panko and shake off the excess crumbs. Place the pieces of fish onto a plate and allow them to rest for about 5 minutes.
Liberally coat the bottom of a baking sheet with about 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Next, place the breaded fish on the baking sheet. Lightly coat the top of the fish pieces with olive oil. Bake the fish at 425 degrees for 10 minutes on the first side, turn them over and continue to bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, preheat a large a skillet over medium-high to high heat for about 5 minutes. Add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Next, warm the tortillas in the skillet on each side until they become flexible.
Once the fish is cooked, place the desired amount of fish onto each tortilla and top with the garnishes. Enjoy!