Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2016 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 8 Servings
· 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Your choice of oil
· 2½ Pounds Chicken Breasts (or your choice of pieces), boneless, skinless, & clean
· To Taste Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· To Taste Salt
· To Taste Black Pepper
· 8 Ounces Fresh Sliced Crimini Mushrooms (optional)
· 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
· ¾ Pound Fresh Asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
· 3 to 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
· 4 Tablespoons Butter
· 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
· 2½ Cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock/Broth
· 1 Cup Half & Half
· 2 Tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar or Lemon Juice
· ¼- ½ Cup Fresh Italian Parsley or Fresh Basil
· 1 Pound Linguini or Spaghetti Pasta
· 1 to 1½ Cups Grated Mozzarella Cheese
Clean and prepare the chicken pieces. Season to taste. Set aside. Preheat a large Dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat with 3 tablespoons of oil. Brown the chicken on each side, about 4 to 6 minutes, until it’s completely cooked. Once done, set aside to rest.
Still over medium-high heat, add 2 to 3 more tablespoons of oil and sauté the mushrooms and onions until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the seasoning to taste, asparagus and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Remove and place the vegetables on a plate.
Melt the butter and add the flour to the skillet. Stir and lightly brown for about 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in the chicken stock and half & half. Turn the heat down to medium, season to taste, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar. The sauce will thicken. Turn off the heat.
Chop the chicken.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bring another large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of salt to the boiling water. Cook the pasta for about half of the recommended cooking time on the package.
Stir in the vegetables, chicken, parsley and pasta into the sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or just until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
#howtomakechickentetrazzini #turkeytetrazzinirecipe #casseroledishrecipes #bestcasseroledishes #cookingwithcarolyn #granddiamondseasoningmacandcheese #cookingwithcarolynmacandcheese #gdseasoning #chickentetrazzini #chickentetrazzinirecipe #cookingwithcarolyn #howtomakechickentetrazzini