Spinach & Artichoke Quiche |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2010 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 8 Slices
· 1- Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shell, thawed
· 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
· 3 Tablespoons Shallots, finely chopped OR 2 Tablespoons Red Onions, finely chopped
· 1 to 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
· ½ Cup Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed (squeeze out the excess water)
· ½ Cup Frozen Artichoke Hearts, thawed and chopped
· To Taste Kosher Salt
· To Taste Black Pepper
· To Taste Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· 3 Extra Large Eggs, beaten
· 1 1/3 Cups Half & Half
· 3 Tablespoons Goat Cheese or Cheese of your choice
Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
Using a fork, poke some holes in the bottom of the thawed pie shell. Prebake the pie shell for about 8 to 10 minutes and set aside. Place the thawed spinach in a clean kitchen towel, cheesecloth or paper towels and squeeze out the excess water. (Tip: Measure the spinach after squeezing the excess water out to make sure it is ½ cup.)
In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat preheat the oil. Sauté the shallots until they’re slightly clear, about 3 to 5 minutes then add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Next, add the spinach, artichoke, and seasonings to taste. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl combine the eggs and half & half, whisk thoroughly.
Add the spinach mixture and cheese to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prebaked pie shell. Use a spoon to make sure the spinach mixture is evenly distributed in the pie shell. Carefully place the quiche on a baking sheet just in case the mixture overflows. Bake at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes or just until firm, if it giggles it’s not done. (Note: Towards the end of the baking process the quiche will slightly rise like a cake, don’t worry this is part of the cooking process.) Once done remove the quiche from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes. Cut and serve.
#chorizoandcheesequicherecipe #spinachandartichokequicherecipe #howtomakeaquiche #breakfastrecipes #brunchrecipes #MexicanFood #chorizomeatpierecipe #sundaybrunchrecipes #eggdishes #quiche #cookingwithcarolyn #granddiamondseasoning #MothersDayBrunchrecipes #quicherecipe #chorizorecipe #quicherecipeswithspinachandbacon