Homemade Spicy Turkey Sausage |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2014 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: 8- 2 oz Patties
5- 3 oz Patties
· 1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey Sausage, 93%/ 7%
· 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 3 Tablespoons Garlic, finely minced
· 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
· 1 Teaspoon Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
· 1 Teaspoon or To Taste Kosher Salt
· ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
· ½ Teaspoon Paprika
· ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
· ½ Teaspoon Dried Mexican Oregano Leaves
· ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
· ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
For best results, prepare the sausage a day ahead and refrigerate overnight.
In a medium size bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the Mexican oregano. Take the oregano and rub it in the palms of your hands over the bowl. Mix well with a spatula or clean hands. Form patties to the desired size, cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, or cook the sausage in its ground state. This recipe can also be doubled for a larger yield.
To prepare for freezing:
Use this method when multiple patties need to be defrosted under refrigeration overnight.
Form the patties to the desired size. Place a piece of parchment paper between each patty and place them in a plastic freezer zip bag.
Use this method when preparing one patty at a time.
Wrap each patty individually in parchment paper. Use as needed. You may defrost under refrigeration or you may defrost in the microwave. Note: When using the microwave to defrost meat, you must always cook it immediately.