BRAISED OXTAILS AND RICE RECIPE- Crock Pot & Oven Methods |Cooking With Carolyn
Braised Oxtails – (Slow Cooker & Oven Method) |Cookng With Carolyn
Copyright © 2015 by Cooking With Carolyn
Ingredients Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
· 3 Pounds Oxtails, rinsed, pat dry, and trimmed of excess fat
· 1 Tablespoon (or To Taste) Kosher Salt
· 1 Teaspoon (or To Taste) Black Pepper
· 1 Tablespoon (or To Taste) Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
· 1½ Cups All Purpose Flour
· 2 to 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
· 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced into ½ inch slices
· 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced into ½ inch slices
· 1 Medium or Large Yellow Onion, sliced into ½ inch slices
· 2 to 3 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
· 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary Leaves
· 1½ Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
· 1 Quart Beef Stock/Broth
Slice all of the peppers, onions and garlic. Set aside. Place the clean and trimmed oxtails on a plate, or cutting board, and season all sides with all of the seasonings. Add the flour to a medium bowl and toss each oxtail in the flour until completely coated and tap off the excess. Set aside.
Preheat a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the oil to the skillet and allow it to heat up for 2 to 3 minutes. Place the oxtails into the skillet and brown them on each side for 2 minutes, including the edges. (Note: Do not crowd the skillet. Brown the meat in batches if necessary.) Set aside.
Choose one of the following cooking methods:
Method #1- Oven
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Add the oxtails back to the dutch oven or baking dish. Add the thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Pour the beef stock into the dish just up to the top of the oxtails. Pour the sliced peppers and onions over the top and cover the meat. Tightly seal the dutch oven with a lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 4 to 4½ hours.
Method #2- Slow Cooker/Crock Pot
Place the oxtails into the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the thyme, rosemary, and garlic. Pour the beef stock over to the top of the oxtails. Pour the sliced peppers and onions over the top and cover the meat. Cover with the lid. Cook on high for 5½ to 6 hours OR on low for 8 to 9 hours.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
(Tip: If there are any leftovers and you wish to remove even more fat from the oxtails, store the meat in one container and the liquid in another. The fat will settle on the top of the liquid and it can be removed.)
#howtoslowcookoxtails #braisedoxtailsinacrockpot #braisedoxtailsinoven #braisedoxtailsrecipe #howtomakeoxtailsincrockpot #granddiamondseasoningrecipes #granddiamondseasoningoxtailsrecipe #cookwithcarolyn