- ½ Cup (4 oz.) Vegan Butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar (Optional for cookies that will be a little sweeter)
- 1 Vegan “Egg”, Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer (follow directions for 1 whole egg)
- ½ Cup No Sugar Added Applesauce
- 1½ Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal, not Quick Cook Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Raisins, firmly packed
- 1½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1½ Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt, set aside. Make the vegan egg according to the manufacturer’s instructions, set aside.
Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar(s) together. Add the vegan egg, applesauce, vanilla extract and oatmeal. Mix to combine. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the dry ingredient mixture and raisins. Mix just until the dough comes together.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a small cookie scoop to portion each cookie two to three inches apart. Use a fork to gently press the cookies. Bake for 13 minutes. Once done, cool the cookies on a rack or place the parchment paper, with the cookies on it, directly on a counter top to cool.
Store in an airtight container.