Fresh Shrimp Salsa |Cooking With Carolyn
Copyright © 2016 by Cooking With Carolyn
Yield: About 4-5 Cups
· 1½ Pounds Shrimp, size 31-40 or smaller, cleaned and deveined
· To Taste Grand Diamond Lemon Pepper Seasoning
· 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
· 2 to 3 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
· 2 Cups Chopped Tomatoes
· ½ Cup Roasted or Regular Frozen Whole Kernel Corn, thawed
· ¾ Cup Red Onion, chopped
· ¼ Cup Fresh Cilantro or Basil, chopped
· The Juice of 2 Whole Fresh Lemons, zest of one lemon
· The Juice of 1 Whole Fresh Lime
· To Taste Kosher Salt
· To Taste Black Pepper
· To Taste Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
· 2 Large Avocados, diced
Note: When chopping the ingredients try to make sure everything is similar in size.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the oil. Season the shrimp with lemon pepper. Once the oil is hot, sauté the shrimp for 1 minute and then add the garlic. Continue to sauté just until the shrimp turn pink, another 1 to 2 minutes. Once done, pour the shrimp, oil and garlic on to a plate to cool. Chop the shrimp into chunks. (Note: If smaller shrimp are used, they can be left whole.)
Chop the tomatoes, onions, and cilantro (or basil) and toss in a large bowl. Add corn, lemon zest, lemon and lime juice, and cool sautéed shrimp (along with the oil and garlic…that’s flavor). Season to taste.
Add the avocado just before serving. Serve chilled with tortilla chips.