Copyright 2019 Grand Diamond Seasoning, Inc.
Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
- 4-5 Tablespoons Oil, Olive, Grape Seed, or your choice
- 3/4 Cup Diced Onions
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Diced Celery
- 2-3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon or To Taste Dried Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1-1/2 Pounds Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 6 Ounces Pepperoni, slightly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon or To Taste Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning
- 64 Ounces Pasta Sauce, your choice
- To Taste Any Other Desired Seasonings & Herbs
- 1 Pound Ziti Pasta
- 2 Cups or To Taste Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- To Taste Garnish with Parmesan Cheese
- To Taste Garnish with Fresh Basil and/or Parsley
Prepare all of the vegetables before beginning the recipe. Preheat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, and celery to the skillet and cook them until they are translucent and soft. Add the garlic and Italian herbs and saute for about a minute. Next, add the sausage and break it up as it’s cooking.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
Once the sausage is almost done stir in the pepperoni. Finally add the pasta sauce and stir everything to combine. Allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes and then taste it. Add any additional seasoning and herbs to your taste at this point. Simmer over medium heat while the pasta is cooking.
Season the boiling water with salt and add the pasta. Boil for about 5 minutes or just until al dente. Once done, drain the pasta and immediately add it to the sauce. Stir to combine. Turn off the heat and top with mozzarella cheese. If you’re not using a skillet that can go into the oven, transfer the contents into an oven safe casserole dish and top with cheese. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Garnish with parmesan cheese, basil and/or parsley and serve immediately.